Mobile Banking - It’s a Snap!
Mobile Banking is how more than half of all Americans manage their bank accounts online more often than any other method. According to a recent survey by the American Bankers Association. mobile banking ranked as consumers’ second most preferred way to bank, with about one in five people using their mobile devices to conduct banking business.
As more people are using mobile devices, Patriots Bank has made it easier for customers to access their accounts anytime and anywhere. Many people are embracing the convenience of technology to take care of their banking on the go. Bank branches are not going away any time soon, but being able to handle your financial life without having to drive to a branch during open hours can be a real time- and schedule-saver.
With our Mobile Banking app, we are in the palm of your hand (literally). Download the app from the Apple App Store or from Google Play Store and get almost all of the same functionality that you have with Online Banking from your smartphone or mobile device. When you download the Patriots Bank app, our bank icon will appear on your smartphone screen. Tap it, sign in, and get some banking done in a snap!
- Keep tabs on your balance, transfer funds, view transactions, or review loan information
- Set up one-time Bill Payments that allows you to manage and pay your bills in one place with one password
- Transfer funds between your Patriots Bank accounts
- View copies of paper check images with one click
- Easily locate branches or ATMs
- Set up account alerts
- Mobile Deposit** within Patriots Bank Mobile Banking app allows you to snap a picture of the front and back of a properly endorsed check and submit it for deposit
- Secure and simple sign-in with Touch ID® fingerprint authentication
*Normal data usage charges from your wireless carrier may apply; contact your carrier for details. Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc.
**Access to mobile deposit is granted after approval contact your local branch for more details and fees may apply
How to Keep Your Mobile Devices Secure
As our use of mobile devices continues to climb, cybercriminals are targeting those gadgets more frequently. At Patriots Bank we have safeguards in place to help protect our clients’ information. It is also important that as consumers we take certain safety precautions as well. Any device used to connect to the Internet, whether it is your smartphone or tablet, needs to be protected just as you would your computer.
Here are some helpful tips we can all follow to protect the data on our mobile devices.
- Use the passcode lock on your smartphone and other devices. This will make it more difficult for thieves to access your information if your device is lost or stolen. Log out completely when you finish a mobile banking session. Use caution when downloading apps. Apps can contain malicious software, worms, and viruses. Beware of apps that ask for unnecessary “permissions.”
- Download the updates for your phone and mobile apps.
- Tell your financial institution immediately if you change your phone number or lose your mobile device.
- Watch out for shoulder surfers. The most basic form of information theft is observation. Be aware of your surroundings especially when you are punching in sensitive information.
- Wipe your mobile device before you donate, sell or trade it using specialized software or using the manufacturer’s recommended technique.
- Beware of mobile phishing. Avoid opening links and attachments in emails and texts, especially from senders you don’t know. Be wary of ads (not from your security provider) claiming that your device is infected.
- Be careful when using public Wi-Fi. Public connections are not very secure, so do not perform banking transactions on a public network.
- Report any suspected fraud to your bank immediately.